One of the fastest growing products in the home improvement market is solid roofs. Ideal for both conservatory roof replacements or installing on new conservatories, glazed and traditional extensions. They are the key for installation companies attracting new business. The latest version of Windowlink’s roof software is designed to make the sale of solid roofs even quicker and easier.
Already known for its stunning visuals, the latest software shows both internal and external views of the project. There are lots of options within the software. Tiled and profiled roofs including Ultraframe’s Livinroof are featured, as well as hybrid roofs that include full length glass panels. Roof light options include top hung and pivot styles.
“We’ve updated the software to give installers the best in visuals for their customers,” says Mark Dudley, Managing Director at Windowlink Limited. “The pictures make them stand out from competitors. It also gives them all the usual benefits they get from our software including pricing, order forms and contracts.
“As the number of solid roof refurbishment and new build glazed extension projects continues to grow, it often puts window installation companies up against local builders who can take weeks to get quotes back to customers. Using Windowlink means installers can deliver accurate pricing quickly. Homeowners like the reassurance of dealing with a professional company who can show what the final extension or refurbishment will look like.
“We have already had great feedback from customers adding the latest version of Windowlink solid roof software.”
To see the software in action, ask Windowlink for a demonstration on 01452 348575.
Summary of some Gold Service Updates
Available FOC as part of your Service Agreement
- New licensing model – gets rid of dongles and makes it easy to fine-tune installations so each user can (if desired) have different features switched on or off)
- Basic colours in reports can now be changed by users (text/borders etc)
- Drawings (.wcd files) can now be opened by double-clicking on them in Windows Explorer (subject to the correct Windows file association being created). NOTE : This only works for ‘Document Set Type = FileSystem’.
- Finance agreements – Programs can now calculate monthly PMT – calculates the payment for a loan based on constant payments and a constant interest rate.
- Roof windows can now be hinged at the top (roof lights) or centrally (Velux style)
- Roof windows can be of different materials for (for example) PVCu or aluminium roofs
- Glazing end-closer rules for conservatory modules re-instated.
- Decorative (stone/soldier course etc) cills and lintels can be incorporated
- Parapet lean-to modules added.
- Trickle vents can now be positioned in the frame (i.e. central/proportioned, over openers or over mullions) (Included with production and advanced Focus)
- Triangular shapes now available
- Additional survey sizes can be input (Inside and outside aperture sizes, width and height clearances, diagonals, internal height above floor level) (Advanced Focus only)
- Timber vertical sliders can now be constructed using mullions that ‘break-through the outer frame.
- Aluminium sections can now be split into the two aluminium sections and thermal break so that aluminium material pricing can be updated throughout all sections by changing just 1 figure. (There may be a charge involved in incorporating this into your program)
Available as chargeable additions to your software
- Analytics module –
- can analyse windows, doors and conservatories put through Focus/Vector to give trend information
- can analyse sales (if using pricing) (per area, per product/frame type, per salesman etc)
- Sign/Email options added to all software – this allows a salesman to collect a signature ‘on the night’ and to send a contract by email to the customer, and job files etc to the office. It also allows automation of the quote/order/survey process (chargeable)
- Solid roofs (tiled)
- Profile solid roofs (for example the Ultraframe’s LivinRoof)
- Solid and profile solid roofs have internal flat or pitched ceilings with/without pelmets and mansard roofs
- Full height glass panels can be inserted into both solid and profile solid roofs.
- Machining centre link now available (chargeable)
- Saw links available (chargeable)
- Arched and circular section frames (chargeable)
- Lantern roofs can now be incorporated into window and door quotes (chargeable)
- Pickable Fitters lists now available (Advanced Focus)